Thursday, September 24, 2009

Post Forum


What I achieved during the week. (front only)
Well forum is over for me for another year. I had a wonderful time is so great to be with so many women who love to create. It was unfortunate that not many locals where there and suprising to see such a large WA contingent. So for me it was great to be able to catch up with lots of familiar faces. Above is my work for the week. I did a Masterclass workshop with Glenys Mann and we got a new project to do every day so I was flat out to try and keep up and no I did not manage to complete all the days works.

The above 2 pieces which are kinda dark are 2 seperate projects. In the front is my scroll which is pieces of calico which have been used as paint cloths then rust dyed and shellaced and drawn onbefore being stitched together into a long length which is rolled up and tied with handmade silk string and finished with clay beads.
At the back is Day 1's project which was a book which wasn't a book, ( at this time I didnt know there would be a scroll project later in the week). It comprises a series of 9 scrolls, each having 3 sheets to the scroll all tied together with silk string.


These 3 pieces and the one below where from a rebirthing project, where we had to create works and then destroy them to make new works with them.


No 4 in the rebirth project and above it a handmade book.



And this is my series of six long thin pieces which came from the rebirthing project.
Now I just have to try and keep the inspiration alive as I go back to the studio and dream about what I might do at the next forum. Some of the above may very well turn up in the upcoming group exhibition at Artisan Gallery in Robigana. I will get the details up really soon. I will, I will.




No comments:

Post a Comment