Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Busy, busy, busy

On Sunday begins the next big adventure my class with Glenys Mann at Fibres Tasmania. This is to be held at the Launceston Grammar School and there will be a Trades Area and a Bazaar and at the end of the week the public are allowed to come an see what everyone has been doing in their classes. So at the momnet I am scurrying around gathering the flotsam and jetsom needed for my class as well as getting ready for the Homespun Market on Saturday.

I have finally finished my business plan and submitted it so am waiting to hear that all is well and I dont have to do any of it over again. Coz that was an absolute pain ion the kazzie, big time.
Didn't get the exhibition that I put in a proposal for, apparently some people think that natural dyes are just too smelly for public consumption. Hmmm if only they had asked.

At the momnet in the studio I have been painting, experimenting with skim milk, soy milk, yoghurt and silken tofu with pigment added. It is a great deal of fun and very environmentally friendly unlike those nasty acrylics. I will post pictures later so you can see. Hopefully one of them will be good enough oit put in the group exhibition coming up at Artisans Gallery in Robigana in October that I am to be a part of.

Oh and I am making a swipe at tidying up as my best friend Naomi will be arriving on monday to stay and go to the forum with me as well, though she is doing a different class. Shoe making with Luna Newby from Hobart. Maybe I will score some cool new shoes, hey anything is possible.
Best scoot lots to do............

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I can't wait to see photos of the work experimenting with tofu and milks! I'll try to make it to Homespun, so I'll look for you!The Bazaar sounds great.

    ReplyDelete