Saturday, October 24, 2009

New at the Market

I really meant to publish this post last week before the market but then I would'nt have been able to include this picture of my stall from yesterday.

Over on the right hand side of the photo is my newly finished vest of which I will add a picture of later. Its is lovely wool dyed with Eucalyptus and bound with handstitiched silk.
And these are my lovely, lovely new buttons, all indvidually handmade from white clay fired to earthenware so they are really strong and then bundled up with plant material and fired in the wood fire to get the beautiful markings. I will definitely be makinf many more of these and hopefully they will also become necklaces, brooches and of course closures.

And here they are in the little bowl they live in at the market. The advantages of having a studio space in a pottery!!!


And my earrings, so cute. Handmade clay beads which like the beads are coloured in the wood fire so each is an unexpected suprise and all are different which does make it a tad tricky when trying to match them up as pairs. I am making more of these as well and at the suggestion of Isis http://isismade.blogspot.com/ I will make some that have only one or two beads on and are somewhat smaller for those who are not so found of a lot of dangle.
I will be at the Homespun Market for the next 2 saturdays then i will be off to Melbourne to market there and then it will be time for Niche. Best get back to making.




4 comments:

  1. nice pics, good luck with the melbourne markets
    x isis

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know I love the buttons! Short earrings are a great idea also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trace! I love the earrings! Clever woman :o) Looking forward to seeing you at Niche, hope you've been flat out!

    -Sophie

    ReplyDelete