Friday, August 14, 2009

New Journal

Over the last few days I have been working on a new visual journal and now it is finished and ready to work in which is just as well as the old one is all finished. It takes me a about 6 months to use up a journal so, I love to spend my time making something I will be happy to spend half a year with. This one has 6 signatures of 5 pages each, 4 of cartridge for writing on and in the centre of each signature some more specialer paper for drawings. The covers are heavy card covered in calico then I glued on threads and fabric which I coated in a starch mix. I then made up my paints with milk and pigment and finally it was all coated in a beeswax mix. The stitching on the spine is all silk thread with small semi preciaous stone bead attatched. i am mot happy with the result. Perhaps I will make up a few and add them to my etsy shop.

The front.
The back

The spine





a close up some texture



2 comments:

  1. Wow, that book is amazing. What is your name? (I can't find it!)You are truly talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fascinated by what you're doing. Milk and pigment? Dyeing with natural plant materials? Brings out the mad chemist in me. I'll be back to visit, in the meantime, wow, I love it all.

    ReplyDelete